Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 4, 2008

3 months old!

What did my mama put on my feet?
Blowing my spit bubbles
If I smile for you, will you please quit taking my picture?
My daddy is so silly...he tickles me all the time!


Jake turned 3 months old today! He has gotten so big! He now weighs 15 lbs 13 oz (90%) and is 24.75 in long (80%); he has completely outgrown all of his 3-6 month clothes already! I am really surprised by how big he is because he doesn't eat that impressively. Jake would much rather sleep than eat (he must get that from Aunt Amy because he doesn't get that from me or Tyson!). In fact, I called our pediatrician (my friend) last week because I noticed that Jake is sleeping SO LONG that he isn't eating as much as he should. The pediatrician basically said I need to quit "micro-managing" his feedings, and that he will get "enough." I guess I just need to be glad that I have a child who likes to sleep. In case you are wondering how much he sleeps, he goes down around 6pm and sleeps until about 7 am, and then he is only awake for about 5 hours (on a good day) during the day. I told Tyson the other day that I actually MISS my child...I feel like he sleeps so much that I never get to see him. I can't imagine how Tyson feels; Jake is usually asleep when Tyson gets home from work. Anways, here are a couple of other things about Jake that are new: he refuses to take a pacifier, has real tears now, talks ALL the time (loudly), loves to "chew" his tongue and stick it out, has found his "boy parts", loves to be outside, is really hard to burp (locks his legs and stands up straight), only cries when we stop at a red light, and just loves to smile. Also, his eyes are no longer steel gray; they look like they are going to be brown, but I am still hoping they are going to be green like mine. Anyways, have a great weekend!

No comments: