We had a very low-key Thanksgiving this year in Birmingham. The only time Tyson got off for Thanksgiving was Thursday afternoon, so Tyson's mom came up, and we just had a small meal together. The boys and I were going to go to my parents on Friday since UAB's game was away, but my grandmother (my mom's mom) had surgery Thanksgiving week, so Thanksgiving was called off. :( I was soooo homesick for my family; I didn't get to go home last year or the year before that for Thanksgiving, and I just really miss celebrating Thanksgiving with my family. :( It was great, though, to be able to spend some time with MY family right here.
After we ate lunch, everyone napped and then we headed over to the Bowers' house to celebrate Thanksgiving with them. This will be the Bowers' last year in Birmingham, and we are really going to miss them. We don't get to see them as often as we'd like, but like Tyson says, it just makes you feel better knowing they are right down the road.
Thanks for spending Thanksgiving with us, "G Mama!" And thanks to the Bowers (Worth, Ashley, Ellie, Mrs. Pendy, and EW) for letting us crash your Thanksgiving. Even though I couldn't be with my family for Thanksgiving, I am so thankful I could spend it with Tyson's family! Happy Thanksgiving!



1 comment:
Good to see y'all Thursday. The boys are so precious. Oh, I definitely hijacked some of your pictures!
Post a Comment