Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 22, 2010

Memphis

Jake was cheering with the band "U-A-B...GO BIG GREEN!"

Brantley loves Legion Field popcorn almost as much as Jake!

Cheering for Daddy's defense!

We love the Turner family! Thanks for being such good friends and supporters!

Best friends!

Headed to the locker room!

Walker was mackin' on the ladies...

...until Brooks hit him in the face, knocked him over, and made him cry. Ha!

Daddy and his boys.

(Notice the Nike wrist band thingy on Jake's left arm...one of the players gave it to him and he thought he was so cool! He wore that thing all weekend..."stankin" and all!)

UAB beat Memphis this weekend in the final home game of the year! I don't remember the score, though, because I had my hands full with two little boys, and the only time I looked at the scoreboard was to see how much time was left until the game was over. ;) But I survived the game by myself again, and more importantly, I survived my first football season with 2! It was hard...it was overwhelming at times...BUT IT'S OVER! Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be going to a bowl game, though, instead of being excited that the season is over, but it just wasn't in the cards this year for UAB. :( Oh well, bring on recruiting!


Oh, and now that the season is over, I just want to write a few things for my own records. 1) Jake is obsessed with Blaze (the mascot). He literally watches Blaze the entire game. 2) He has a hard time spotting Daddy from the stands...I don't know if he quite understands the difference in a coach and a football player. 3) Jake started out the season scared to death of the band and in love with the cheerleaders. Now, he spends almost the entire game standing (if he's not eating popcorn) and dancing to the band...he's still in love with the cheerleaders, though. 4) Speaking of popcorn, if I need to get Jake to sit still, I just give him some popcorn and that buys me at least a quarter. 5) Jake's favorite part of the game, though, is going to the locker room after a win with Daddy. I don't know if I approve of the things my 2 year old sees and hears in the locker room, but Tyson assures me he heard and saw the same things growing up and he turned out just fine. ;) I sure hope so!


As for Walker, each game got a little harder as he got more mobile. I had a hard time keeping him still, but somehow, we made it. He really was awesome, though, with all the noise and chaos; he's such an easy going baby! I say that, but his preference to a warm bottle made meal times difficult. You see, Legion Field had no microwaves or hot water, so I had to get a bottle warmer, go up to the box if we were in the stands (which was a hike), and warm the bottle (which took 9 minutes!). Ugh. I definitely won't miss that process next year!


I am so glad this season is over, but I'm actually already looking forward to next year. The boys will be older and hopefully more manageable, and maybe I'll finally be able to watch some of the game! ;)


We are so proud of you, Tyson! No matter how hard these games are for us, there is no where else we'd rather be. We love you so much and are your number 1, 2, and 3 fans!

No comments: