Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

Can you say sleepy face?
"What dis?"

Checking out his firetruck

He loved his new "hat!"

"Yay choo choo!"
"CHOO CHOO!"

Santa brought Jake a helmet for the tricycle he is getting for his birthday, but Jake thought he was supposed to wear it while he drives his jeep. Too funny! At least we won't have any head injuries while driving the jeep!
"What dis?"
So not interested in the big boy underwear!


"Got my helmet on, Teddy to my right...I'm good to go. Now how do I work this thing?"

Yay for Santa...you did a good job!

Merry Christmas from the Summers' family! Jake had a great 2nd Christmas! Tyson and I woke up bright and early expecting Jake to wake up soon after, but by 7:20, he was still asleep. We couldn't stand the anticipation any longer so we woke him up and told him "Ho Ho" had come...I thought he was going to jump out of his crib he was so excited! Tyson and I had been talking about how we thought Jake would react when he first walked into the room, and of course, Mama knows best. My very mellow child walked into the room like nothing was going on and walked right up to the train set. I knew that would be the first thing he went to, but I did at least expect him to spot the Power Wheels next. Instead, he bypasses the big jeep and goes straight for the "new DVDs!" He pretty much played with everything else and then finally payed some attention to the jeep last.


The train was the biggest hit by far! Jake, surprisingly, will sit very still for a long time and just watch the train. He is fascinated by it! He eventually warmed up to the jeep and wanted to ride it around, but unfortunately it was wet outside and the jeep was too big to ride around our house. Jake did enjoy ramming the jeep into the sofa as he learned to go in forward and reverse as Tyson and I were busy getting ready. Ha!


Seeing the excitement in your child's eyes on Christmas Day is one of the most thrilling parts of being a parent. So much fun! I hope you all had a great day, too!

No comments: