Well, I think Jake's first trip to the beach went pretty well. He didn't exactly love the beach, but he didn't hate it either. We stayed at Port St. Joe, Florida (which is where Tyson grew up going to the beach) for about a week, and each day got better and better....or should I say that each day Tyson and I figured out more things that Jake enjoyed doing. Jake definitely was not into the water, but he did enjoy playing in the sand, picking up sea shells, playing chase, running after the birds, and going fishing.
Jake turned out to be quite the fisherman. He actually caught his first shark- a little baby black tip! I was teaching Jake how to fish, and I decided to let him reel in the line. I didn't think anything was even biting at the line, so I thought it would be a perfect time to reel it in and re-cast. I held the pole and he started reeling it in. Next thing I know, I felt a little tug at the line; I looked up and saw that Jake had just reeled in a baby shark! I was in shock! Of course, Tyson (who is the expert shark-taker-off-the-line) was out in the water fishing, so it took him a little while to get to us. I was really worried about the shark being out of the water for so long and dieing, so unfortunately, we had to rush to get him back in the water and I didn't have a chance to snap a picture. Jake did get to pet it, though, before we threw it back in; he was such a big boy...he wasn't scared at all! On a side note, that darn shark kept taunting us. No joke, he kept swimming up on the shore at our feet! Tyson eventually picked the shark up and moved him to another part of the beach; needless to say, we didn't go back in the water after that.
We had a great time at the beach! Next year, we are definitely bringing help with us, though! Keeping a toddler occupied on the beach for so long and for so many days is hard work! It's definitely worth it, though, especially to see my sweet little boy make the most precious fish face!
We had a great time at the beach! Next year, we are definitely bringing help with us, though! Keeping a toddler occupied on the beach for so long and for so many days is hard work! It's definitely worth it, though, especially to see my sweet little boy make the most precious fish face!



No comments:
Post a Comment