
Reality=Football season. It's right around the corner, so that only means one thing- the vacation is definitely over. I think we still have about 7 more weeks to go, but they are going to fly by! I'm still kinda in denial about the whole thing (specifically the part about losing my husband for the next 5 months), so I'm not exactly ready to go there yet.
Tyson's vacation has come to an end; he reports tomorrow for a prospect camp and has spent the last 2 days at the office preparing for it. These have been the best 4 weeks, though! We got home Wednesday after spending a couple of days in St. Simons just the 2 of us; Jake spent that time with his Grandmama and was spoiled rotten. I wish I had some pictures, but I not only took a break from the blog, I took a break from my camera. We had the best time! I can honestly say, though, I've never spent so much time at the beach but so little time on the actual beach itself. Having a toddler can do that to you, I guess.
Tyson has a couple more weeks of "office stuff" to do before he goes into "lock-down"- no joke, that's what it's called. Ugh. I'm not looking forward to him being gone at all.
My crazy work schedule of working every. single. weekend. during. the. summer is winding down, thank goodness. I'm only going to be working two shifts a month during the season, so that's good. I am going to start keeping Ryan in September, so that will add some excitement to the Summers' household. It's kind of like having twins, huh? Well, twins that are 2 weeks apart.
Jake. Oh, Jake. My darling child. Baby boy is definitely going through that phase- the terrible two's. Yes, he is only 18 months, but the literature (and this mama) states that the terrible two's can begin around 18 months. We are there. Maybe not in full force, but getting there- lot's of "no!" and "mine" can be heard from inside our house. I am proud to report, though, that he only acts like this at home (and in the car)...or at least it seems. He has been doing really well at Mother's Day Out and is the "sweetest child in the class" per his teacher. She constantly brags about how big of a helper he is and how well he minds. I'm so proud of him, even if he acts a fool at home.
Well, back to reality. I promise to have some pictures of Jake up really soon. Have a great weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment