Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 13, 2009

A Few of Jake's Favorite Things

Jake loves praying before he goes to sleep! He usually folds his hands, bows his head, and just chuckles as I say the prayer very quickly. On this particular day, Tyson was trying to get Jake ready for bed and told him it was time to go read a book and say our prayers. Next thing we know, silly boy folds his hands and starts going "blah blah blah blah" as fast as he could. I cannot even explain how funny it was; I guess I need to start slowing the prayer down so he can actually understand what I'm saying.



While we were at the beach, Jake played with a little boy (a cousin of a cousin) who had tons of cars. I have never seen my child play so contently by himself for so long! Obviously, we rushed out to Walmart and bought him some cars of his own. Of course, he isn't near as interested in the cars now that he's at home, but he will still play with them a good bit. Here is my silly boy trying to show out for the camera and make funny faces. Such a personality these days!



CHOCOLATE COOKIES!! Jake and I have a ritual of going to the icecream store on the 4th of every month, which is his birthday day. Since we were out of town on the 4th of this month, I took him over the weekend. Well, you can leave the Sweet Shop without a double fudge cookie...Jake and Mommy LOVE them! Believe me, I usually don't give him this many sweets, but on this particular day, I was trying to teach him to say "thank you." What better way to teach him than to pry him with a cookie?

Jake gives this cookie a thumbs up!


Even with a mouthful, this is Jake begging for "one more!"

In case you missed that last one, Jake wants just "one more!!

It took some work, but I finally got my "thank you."


Even though he just figured out how to propel himself in his Cozy Coupe, Jake loves for us to push him it. He will sit there and beg you to "push...push" until he is blue in the face; he is relentless. So, I made a little game of it and taught him how to push "baby" (don't ask...Tyson hates Jake's "baby") to save myself a little energy from pushing. At first, Jake thought it was so cool to push "baby" around, but it didn't take long before Jake wanted in to be pushed. Turns out, he doesn't exactly like sharing his space with "baby" (as evidenced by baby being pushed out into the floor). Too funny.







And finally, my sweet boy before church yesterday playing with his "keys." Jake has recently become obsessed with our car keys; since it isn't very safe to let him play with our keys, the only way I can get him to quit begging for our keys is to give him "Jake's keys." Yes, they are a plastic baby toy, but whatever works, right?


2 comments:

Kellen Family said...

I love his dimples! What a handsome little boy! We need to get together soon ;)

Candace said...

We actually found some at Walmart for one of the girls that were like real keys. I think they were Fisher Price. They had the remote on them and everything. Jake is so precious. He is going to break a lot of hearts one day.