On our way back from Port St. Joe, we stopped through Tifton to see our families, and Jake finally got to meet his first-cousin, Jace. My sister, Amy, and her husband, Courtney, just made the move from Atlanta to Tifton, which is where we grew up. I know they'll miss Atlanta, but we are so excited for them to be back "home."
When Tyson arrived at Amy and Courtney's house with Jake, I was feeding Jace a bottle. I was really afraid that Jake would be jealous and possessive of his "mama," but he actually did pretty well. In fact, he ignored Jace for the most part; he did finally come over and check Jace out after me coercing him over. It was pretty funny...he accidentally knocked Jace's foot as he climbed up on the sofa, and I said, "be gentle, Jake." Of course, my sweet little boy who is quickly entering the terrible two's, looked up at me with the sweetest eyes and spitefully thumped Jace's foot again. Man that lil' boy likes to test me! Other than that, the first meeting went over pretty well. I'm sure it won't be too long until they're chasing each other around and tormenting each other...and the adults.



No comments:
Post a Comment