Sunday, June 7, 2009
Pool Party with Tyson's Players
Alternately titled: Great kids. Great time. Bad burgers.
Today, we had Tyson's players over for a pool party to welcome the incoming freshman. Since this is going on our third year here at UAB, I am really enjoying getting to know these kids and watching them "grow" (both literally and figuratively). What's weird, though, is that they call me "Mrs. Summers." It makes me feel so old!
Jake was really cute with the guys. Some had more to do with Jake than others, but that's to be expected with big, macho football players. One of my favs, Keon (the guy in yellow second to the left), scooped up Jake when I wasn't looking and took him to swim in the baby pool to give me a break. Mind you, Jake isn't too keen on the water just yet, but Jake was tough and acted like Mr. Cool with Keon. It was so funny...I could tell that Jake totally wanted to cry but he was trying so hard not to! One of my other new favs, Danny White (the guy sitting to the right of Tyson) was so sweet to play ball with Jake while the other guys were swimming; I don't know if Danny knows this or not, but he has made a friend for life with Jake. Jake kept calling him "Nanny" and I thought it was so cute, but apparently the other boys thought it was even cuter and kept giving Danny a hard time. I think Danny might have a new nickname now. :)
We had a great time with the guys; they are such good kids. I am so excited for the upcoming season! Go Blazers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
yum... look at those bodies!
Post a Comment