Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Big Boy


Me: Jake, do you want your picture taken?
Jake: No!
Jake's embarrassed look- eyebrows raised, tongue out, dimples showing!


This morning as I was getting ready to take Jake to school, I realized that Jake's 18 month birthday is in a week and a half. I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. As I was putting on make-up, I stood there watching my little boy pretending to be a "baby" as he crawled on the floor saying "baby...baby...baby." He is no longer a baby, though, he's definitely a toddler who just loves playing a "baby" when he's being silly. And then, just as I was thinking that, he crawled up to my pajamas that I had thrown on the floor. My sweet little helper picked up my pajamas, walked over to the laundry room, opened the door, and put them in the hamper. I was shocked! Don't get me wrong, he is very good about putting up his dirty clothes once I take them off of him, but this time, my toddler was cleaning up after me!! Have I taught him well or what?


But oh the joys of toddlerhood..."No no no!" has become one of Jake's favorite expressions this week. He really isn't bad about it yet, he is just gonna let you know when he really doesn't like something. It's all kind of cute right now, but I'm sure it won't be so cute in a couple of months!

No comments: