"This is my favorite blue shirt because it's the color of the PC Blue Hose!"
"Don't I wear it well?"
We don't have too much going on around here this week (thank goodness) to post about, so I thought I'd post these cute pictures I took last week after Jake got home from school. I don't think I'll ever forget these pictures or why Jake was wearing this blue shirt.
On my way to pick up Jake from school that day, I realized I hadn't packed him a change of clothes for that day. I didn't sweat it too much because up until now, Jake has never needed a change of clothes for school. Low and behold, I get to school to find my lil' redneck baby in nothing but a diaper and his pants. His teacher immediately explained "it" had just happened and she was so sorry; I was half paying attention to what she was saying because I could think about was "how redneck am I gonna look carrying out a half dressed baby?" And not to mention, Jake's surgery scar is still so noticeable that all people do when they see his stomach is just stare at it...I felt awful for my poor child. I grabbed his stuff and cut out of there as quickly as possible. Once we were in the car, I settled down and looked in his bag to make sure I had everything, and then I saw it...the shirt. What was that all over it? I grabbed his sheet of paper from school and saw: "Sorry about his shirt. Jake did a little hand-dive during a dirty diaper." Gross. Apparently, he stuck his hand right in "it" and then wiped it on his shirt...ALL OVER his shirt! Gross.
Oh, how exciting is my life that I've resorted to posting about this? I love it and wouldn't have it any other way, though...well, minus the "hand-dive" during a dirty diaper part!



2 comments:
As we always used to say...isn't that a proud moment in a mother's life? :)
I'm sure you aren't this first Mom to carry a naked child out of preschool :) This post definitely made me laugh!
Post a Comment