Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back to "Normal"




"The girls love me...even with my "hoof-n-mouth."


I think it is safe to say that Jake is now back to normal after his bout with Hand, Foot, and Mouth. Last night's sleep wasn't the best, but it was a lot better than the previous 4 nights, thank goodness! Either way, Jake was his normal self on the playground today-snatching other kids' toys, beating up on the older kids, poking kids' eyes out, etc. Just kidding, he was actually pretty tame today...lucky for the other kids!

We met up with some of our friends from the coaching staff and had fun at the park. The girls just love all over Jake, and the boys have nothing to do with him. Typical. It was nice, though, to have the older kids there to entertain Jake and "baby sit" him for me. :) I was told, though, by my good friend, Merritt, (in a good way) that I was being too over-protective and I might "retard Jake's growth." Woops. Jake is in his climbing phase, but I just get so nervous with him on the playground equipment. Anyways, once we got home, I just let him have at it. And sure enough, Jake can actually get up and down off the furniture pretty well...kind of. I actually video-taped some of it, so I will have to post that some other time. As for now, "overprotective" mom is just glad her baby boy is back to being his crazy self! :)

**And just to clarify, we are NOT Auburn fans...I just think the shirt is cute! :)

2 comments:

Abby said...

I happen to think that orange and blue suit the little guy! =) I'm glad he is feeling better. Sick kids are no fun...especially sick kids who won't sleep!!!

Kellen Family said...

Yea! I'm so glad he's feeling better :) We got a full night's sleep last night as well, and I feel like a new woman!