Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Short, Fat, and a Small Head

Gotta love that chunky smile!
"Look! I can finally reach my toys!"
I hope that isn't the finger he chooses to suck permanently! Thanks, Jake!
We miss you, daddy!

Ok. So maybe Jake isn't that short yet, but his off-the chart measurements are slowing down. When we went to the doctor Tuesday for his 4 month check-up, Jake weighed 17 lbs (85%) , was 25 3/4 in tall (75%), and had a head circumference of 16 1/2 inches (50%). I have to admit, I was a little disappointed and kind of felt like I have failed my son as his mom, but I knew this day would come. Don't get me wrong, these measurements are no indication of how big or small he is actually going to be, but I still took pride in having such a huge baby (and he still is...just not in the 90% anymore). I guess all those Big Mac's I scarfed down during pregnancy are slowly working their way out of his system. Seriously, I am glad to have this appointment out of the way. Jake has been miserable for the last two days after getting the shots; he has thrown-up, had diarrhea, run low-grade fever, and just acted miserable. It probably doesn't help that Tyson has been gone since Sunday, too; I swear that my child is sick of looking at the same face (mine) over and over again. Oh well, Tyson will be home tonight (thank goodness)...maybe he can help our child feel better! Stay tuned for some cute pics over the weekend; we are going to attempt to feed Jake some rice cereal!

No comments: