My Sweet KevinLast week or so, I posted some pics with my post about the CF Great Strides Walk. Well, the pictures didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, so my friend Tamila helped and scanned these pictures for me. In the top picture, Tyson and I were visiting one of my favorite patients, Bryan Dills. Bryan passed away in August of 2007 (at the age of 8) after a long battle with Cystic Fibrosis. Bryan received a double lung transplant when he just 6 years old, and he had one really good year after the transplant. However for the next year and a half, he was in and out the hospital. He brought me so much love and laughter; I looked forward to going in to work everyday just to see his precious little face. And then there is Kevin...I already gave my scoop on Kevin in my other post, but as you can tell from the pics, Kevin has been in my life for a long time and I hope he continues to be. But first, we need a cure for CF. Several of my former co-workers from Egleston will be walking next weekend in the Great Strides Walk, and they need your support. If you would like to donate to the cause, please visit http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/TamilaDulaney or http://www.cff.org/ -any little bit will help. I hate to use this blog to ask for donations, but I am very passionate about these kids and their disease. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this. Sorry for the solicitation.






No comments:
Post a Comment