Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pool Time!

"You talking about me? Only a REAL stud can pull off the matching flowered hat and swim trunks."
"My bath water never looked this clear before! It usually has a yellow tint!"
"I am so glad y'all took that awful hat off, mommy. The other kids were starting to stare!"
"Thanks, mom. Just when I thought I got my cool points back..."
"Who looks better in there swim trunks? Me or daddy?"
Yesterday, we took Jake to the neighborhood pool for the first time. Tyson and I were so excited for him, but the excitement died quickly once we got to the pool and realized 1) how COLD the water was 2) how crowded the pool was, and 3) how inconsiderate kids (and their PARENTS) are around little babies. For some reason (maybe because I had a camera or because our swimsuits were really bright), we attracted every splashing little kid in the pool!! Not to mention, the kids' parents were RIGHT THERE and never said a word to them!! Needless to say, we didn't stay very long. I was really disappointed because I was looking forward to spending our summer at the pool, but I guess Jake is a little too young to enjoy it. We WILL try again, though, 1) when the pool is warmer, 2) when it is less crowded, and 3) when I bring the biggest water gun possible to fend off some crazy kids. Oh, and by the way, Jake really wasn't that impressed with the pool. He was more interested in getting home and taking a nap!! Go figure!

No comments: