Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

6 Months Old




On 10-10-10, Walker turned 6 months old! Happy half birthday, Walker! And yes, Jake ran around the whole day singing "Happy Birthday to Walker." It was so sweet!


So, what's new with Walker? The biggest thing is that he can now sit up from lying on his stomach. I wish I could be more excited about this milestone; however, there are two problems with this: 1) He still thinks it is hilarious to throw himself backwards while sitting up, so it's just a head injury waiting to happen and 2) He loves to practice his new sitting up trick when I go to lay him in his crib to sleep on his tummy, so naps have been pretty tough lately!

This is how I found him when he woke up from his nap this morning.


While we're talking about sleep, Walker naps about 3 times a day and sleeps for about 12-14 hours at night, and he usually wakes up once during the night for a bottle around 4 or 5.


Walker is eating great! He is still taking about 5 oz every 3 hours or so during the day. We've tried a lot of baby foods and his favorites seem to be green beans (YUCK!) and peaches; he eats baby food 2 times a day right now.


Walker has started really "talking" up a storm. He loves to say "buh buh buh" and "muh muh muh" and even something that sounds like "hey" and "bye bye." I find myself calling him "Walker the Talker" a lot because he is constantly babbling something or just squealing in delight; he never stops talking!


Walker has a cute personality, as you can tell from the pictures. He smiles a lot and is generally pretty happy...except if he sees food. If anyone is eating or drinking in his vicinity, Walker starts grunting and fussing until he is fed and his tummy is full! I'm thinking Walker has inherited my impatience and my stubbornness...oh, and my love of food! Ha!


Happy 6 month birthday Walker! I can't believe in just 6 short months, we'll be celebrating your first birthday!

No comments: