Tyson and I just returned from a weekend in Dallas, Texas where UAB took on SMU. Unfortunately, we lost. :( Other than the outcome of the game, though, I had sooo much fun on this trip. It was our annual wives' trip, and every year it gets better and better! (You can go here to read about the 2009 wives' trip and here to read about the 2008 wives' trip).
I've been looking so forward to the trip ever since I had Walker...well, actually even before that! This trip was going to be the first chance I had to "getaway" and get a little bit of a break since March. And sure enough, I slept great, ate well, relaxed a lot, and just enjoyed being around other grown-ups and most importantly, Tyson. It's just a shame we have to go to a football game to "getaway," though.
Thanks to my Mom for being a great sport and keeping the boys for us for the weekend! If you know my mom at all, you know sleep is very important. Unfortunately, between a 5 month old who is teething and isn't sleeping well and a 2.5 year old with an ear infection that isn't sleeping well, not much sleep was to be had this weekend for my mom. Sorry about that, Mom! I just kept telling her, "welcome to my life!" Ha!
Anyways, we had a great time (despite the loss) but we missed the boys for sure. It definitely made things much easier knowing they were being very well taken care of!



No comments:
Post a Comment