This past weekend, the UAB coaches' wives and I travelled with the team to the Texas A&M game. I won't mention the score, but we had a great time despite the outcome!
At UAB, the wives are allowed to travel with the team for one game of the year, and we picked Texas A&M. We had all heard how much fun College Station was and how awesome the gameday atmosphere was at Texas A&M, and it was! Of all the college football games I have ever been to in my entire life, this was my absolute favorite place to visit. The fans were incredibly nice, the whole military aspect behind it all was just amazing, and the crowd just really got into the game with all these chants and cheers. The whole game, minus the beginning when we were actually ahead, the entire crowd stood on their feet and really got into the game; the whole "home of the 12th man" thing was pretty evident. As far as the military aspect, there were something like 2000 Corps of Cadets who rode in on horses or either marched throughout the stadium track prior to the game...it was like something I've never seen before.
Like I said, the game didn't turn out as I would have liked, but we had an amazing time. We stayed at this awesome hotel http://latorrettadellagoresortandspa.com/ and just enjoyed our time together....without our kids! We flew into Houston on Friday via chartered plane and were all feeling the affects of a small plane overloaded with huge football players, so we quickly found our way to food...Tex Mex! Now let me explain, I know I said I've been feeling pretty well with this pregnancy, but between a rough flight, no nap, a sick child at home who kept me up all night Thursday night, and no food, I wasn't feeling the best. And then add insult to injury, the Tex Mex didn't agree with Baby #2. I haven't felt that awful in a long time, but I pushed ahead and enjoyed my time with the ladies at supper and then with the staff that night in the hospitality room.
The coaches were all pretty busy on Saturday with pre-game stuff, so the other wives and I just enjoyed the day eating, resting, watching football, getting pampered at the Spa (not me...not my style), and just hanging out. We left for the game a couple of hours ahead of time to get the guys to the stadium, so we all tail-gated amongst the Aggies for a couple of hours. Once inside the stadium, we had horrible seats (like way past the endzone). Luckily, we were next to the jumbo-tron, so that's mainly how we saw the game. UAB got off to a pretty good start, but couldn't hold on to it. It ended up being a pretty long game with a lot of injuries to be had to our guys; by the end, I couldn't wait to say "Adios" to College Station. We finally got back to Birmingham around 1:30 am Sunday morning.
My favorite conversation of the whole weekend was this:
Sideline reporter to Beth: How far along are you?
Beth: 2 1/2 months.
Sideline reporter to Beth: What are you having...a T-rex?
Thanks to Tyson's mom for watching Jake while I went on the wives' trip! And yes, Jake is still struggling with his mouth issue. I feel so guilty for leaving him; I had no idea he would still have problems that many days out, but he and Mary Ann survived.
Sorry that I don't have any more pictures from my trip! Believe it or not, I left my camera at home on purpose! I was trying to pack lightly! :( Anyways, I'll try to round up some more pictures...it's not very often that I get to go on girls' trip, so I definitely need to document it! :)
Next up for the Blazers: UAB vs Southern Miss this Thursday night at 7 pm CST on CBS! Go Blazers!




No comments:
Post a Comment