Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Life Right Now

It seems like I've had a conversation with people about a million times this week about what my life is like right now (ie during football season), so why not just post it on this blog for the world to see, right? I know some of you are probably thinking that this probably isn't very safe to post, but believe me, I have an awesome security system and a shotgun ready and waiting just in case. :)

  • Sunday- Tyson goes in to work super early to grade film and gets home in time for Jake to wake up. I get to "sleep in" until about 8:30 ish and then I get up to spend some time with my family. We haven't been going to church like we should here lately because it's Tyson's only time at home during the week; right now, we feel it is more important to spend the time together the 3 of us. Anyways, Tyson usually leaves to go back to work around 11:30 and Jake and I continue on with our normal daily activities. I put Jake down at 7:00 pm and mess around (which I should be napping but haven't been able to lately) until I leave to go to work. Tyson gets home at 9:00 pm and I leave at 10:00 pm to work the night shift.

  • Monday-I get home from work around 7:15 am and send Tyson out the door as I grab a quick shower before Jake wakes up. Ryan comes over and I take the boys to school at 9:00. I get home at 9:30 and sleep until 12:30 when it's time to go get the boys. They get home and get put down for naps. Jake usually sleeps for about 1.5 hrs and Ryan sleeps for about 3.5 hrs; I should be sleeping when they do, but I am usually just in a zombie-state at that time. Jake wakes up and we play until Ryan wakes up. We then go about our normal daily routine until it is time for Ryan to go home and Jake to go to sleep. I usually get about 2 hours to myself at night before Tyson gets home at 9:00. During that time, I am eating, bathing, doing laundry, cleaning, and doing other things I cannot get done during the day. Go to bed at 10 pm.

  • Tuesday/Thursday-MY LONG DAYS! I am basically trying to find anything I can to keep the boys occupied and out of the house. We usually go see Tyson at his office for lunch on Thursdays. Other than that, I am just passing the time the best I can. Tyson usually gets home around 9 pm on Tuesdays and around 5 pm on Thursdays (praise the Lord!)

  • Wednesday/Friday- The boys go to school from 9-1, so I usually spend these days grocery shopping, running errands, going to the doctor, etc. After I pick the boys up from school, I put them down for naps and I grab a quick nap, too; we then continue on with our daily activities. Again, Tyson gets home around 9 pm on Wednesdays, but Fridays are different based on home/away schedule.

    Saturday- GAME DAY! We just usually do our thing until it's time for the game. Tyson is gone all day but comes home after the games.


And just in case you are wondering what our daily routine is, here it is:
0700: Beth wake up and get ready
0720: Jake wakes up
0730: Breakfast
0745: Ryan arrives
0800-1130: Playing
11:30: Lunch
12:30: Both boys nap
2:00: Jake wakes up
2:00-4:00: Jake and Mommy play
4:00: Ryan wakes up and we head outside
4:45: Ryan's mommy comes home and we play with her
6:00: Jake's Supper time
6:30: Jake's bath time
7:00: Jake's bed time


Between being pregnant, working a night shift on no sleep and getting very little to make up for it, keeping two wild boys 5 days a week, and just being a "single mom" all the other times, I am just plain exhausted. I do try to nap when Jake naps, but I am also already having trouble sleeping because of pregnancy. Fun times. But don't get me wrong, though, I love my crazy life and wouldn't have it any other way...if only I could figure out a way to eliminate that night shift, my life would be a lot better! :)

Anyways, I'm sure this is probably too much information for some of you, but I think people are just curious what life is like as a college football coach's wife. As you can tell from the schedule, Tyson isn't home a lot (well, hardly at all), so it is definitely tough. The hardest part about that, though, is the Jake is only getting about 7 hours a week with his Daddy; that is why I feel it is important for me to be home with Jake right now vs. working full time. (Plus, piddly nurses' pay in Alabama - outrageous daycare costs = not enough money to justify it). Some people will definitely disagree on that one, but as my fellow football coaches' wives put it, right now we have to be the Mama and Daddy.

1 comment:

The Hudgins said...

very very similar to ours. "pastors" and "coaches" share crazy hours...except Sunday = our game day!

hang in there....i keep reminding myself that infant/toddler hood is only a "season".