Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Day Full of Doctor's Appointments

Jake's craft from school today. His handprint is the big fat green one! :)

First thing this morning, I took Jake to the pediatric dentist to have his gum and tooth checked on after his accident yesterday. This is the first time his been to a dentist and they were amazing! If you are in the B'ham area and looking for someone for your child, I would highly recommend these guys (Pediatric and Adolescent Dentistry on Stadium Trace Parkway in Hoover). Anyways, Jake's gum looks really bad; the cut above his incisor extends up all the way to the top of his gum and actually exposes the bone above his tooth. It looks horrible, but overall, the doctor was encouraged because it is already showing signs of healing. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough gum left to stitch so we are really gonna have to watch him and be careful. He started Jake on an antibiotic and a soft diet for several days, and other than that, there isn't anything else we can do but sit and wait. The dentist did say this is pretty painful and will probably cause discoloration of that tooth. My poor baby. As I always say, though, it could be worse.



Baby #2- that is the head on the left with one arm up underneath its head and the other arm peaking out from the other side. At the far right of the picture, you can see one of the legs in action.

After I dropped the boys off at school, baby #2 and I went for a check-up. Things went well and as my OB put it, "the baby looks good but UAB doesn't." Nice, huh? I can't even go to the OB without getting harassed about football! He was only giving me a hard time, but unfortunately, the majority of my appointment turned into talk about football as usual and not much about baby.

Baby #2 is doing very well. It measured 10 weeks and 3 days, which is a week ahead, and had a heartrate of 166. Based on today's ultrasound, I am going to say that this baby is going to be stubborn, very active, and very curious. Do you know how I know these things? Because baby #2 kept turning and turning so that it was facing the camera the whole time; the poor ultrasound tech kept trying to get a good profile shot but couldn't get the baby to cooperate. And the whole time the tech was measuring it, its little legs were just going to town kicking! I couldn't believe how active it was at 9.5 weeks! I wish Tyson could have been there to see it...Jake was always so laid back during ultrasounds and barely moved.

As far as my pregnancy, things are so much better this time around. I was a little nauseous in the beginning, but I was on this nasty antibiotic that made me sick, so I'm totally blaming my nausea on that. Other than that week and a half, I haven't had any nausea at all! Praise the Lord! I am extremely exhausted, though, but that's a given with my crazy life right now. The only other thing I can think of that is going on is that I have a lot of food aversions that I didn't have with Jake. I basically can't cook anything and I can't eat red meat; in fact, I just don't feel like eating much at all even though I feel like I'm starving. It's really hard to describe and so weird for me since I LOVE TO EAT! I haven't gained any weight so far and I've even lost half a pound; I know it's just a matter of time before I start packing on that weight, so I'm not really worried about that. As long as baby is growing and thriving I'm happy.

All is well in the Summers' house today and both of my babies are doing well, praise the Lord! Now how about a win this weekend at Texas A&M to top off our good news!

1 comment:

ECi 717 said...

It's a girl..I so hope its a girl!