Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Walker's First Day of School




Yes, at the mere age of 5 months (today!), Walker started school. He is also attending the same Mother's Day Out program as Jake, but he will only be going 2 days a week. We did this so that I can work some during football season, and so I can have a little break for sanity purposes! ;) But I also think it will be good for Walker to be around other kids his age and other caregivers.


I have to admit, I got a little teary-eyed leaving my sweet baby boy this morning. We've left him in the church nursery several times and I've left him to go work night shift too many times to count and I've left him with friends and family before, but this time was just different. It probably doesn't help, though, that I'm about to leave for the wives' trip to SMU this weekend and I won't see my sweet boys until Sunday. Anyways, there were no time for tears because I had to get Jake to class. Jake was super sweet and excited about Walker going to school with him; in fact, Jake helped me drop Walker off and he put Walker's name sticker on him, gave him a big hug, and said "I be right here, Walker!" If you've caught on to my struggles with the whole sibling rivalry thing, this was huge in my opinion. Love those boys!


I'm curious to see how Walker's day goes; as sweet and laid back as he normally is, Walker can be pretty difficult to deal with if you don't know how he likes things (ie bottles). I'm sure his teachers will figure it out, though.


**These definitely aren't the best pictures of my sweet boy for his obligatory "first day" pictures, but I had to do it. I literally just woke him and threw on his clothes, and he totally looks like that, too! Poor baby!

No comments: