Walker is 5 months old! Can you believe that next month is his half birthday?? Crazy!
What's new with Walker? Eczema!! It looks like Walker has his brother's sensitive skin! For the last two weeks, I have been in a constant fight with his eczema; I finally broke down and busted out the prescription steroid ointment, and it seems to be helping. Unfortunately, I can't use the medicine on his face, so it looks pitiful. Jake never seemed to be too bothered by his eczema, but poor little Walker is just clawing at it. :(
What else? He is starting to sit up better by himself; I'm still too nervous to let him try it on his own because just when I think he has it, he face-plants.
Sleep has been a real issue around here. Do you remember me posting about Walker sleeping through the night? I lied. He slept through the night a couple of times and then it was back to getting up every 3-4 hours. I don't want to jinx myself again, but I'm hoping that is about to change. ;)
Walker is a pig...for real. He starts grunting/reaching for it anytime he sees his bottle and or food and does not stop until he has it in his mouth; I'm pretty sure Walker will be one of those kids stashing snickers bars underneath his pillow. Ha! He takes 5 oz every 3 hours during the day and eats baby food once a day and rice/oatmeal once a day, but I'm pretty sure he would eat double that if I let him. Maybe I should? More sleep maybe? Seriously, the kid has probably gained 2 lbs in the last month since starting formula/baby food.
Besides waking up about twice through the night to eat, Walker has a pretty good sleep schedule. He usually wakes up for good between 7 am-8 am, naps about 3 times a day, and then goes down at 7 pm. And he is super easy to put down...I just read him a book, and then lay him down. No rocking, no paci, no fussing. Easiest baby ever...minus the sleep issue.
Walker's eyes are starting to change colors; it looks like they may turn out to be green/hazel like mine. Then again, they look dark blue in some lighting, so who knows. His hair also looks a different color in different lighting; for the most part, it is light brown but sometimes looks blond. A lot of people have stopped me and told me how much Walker looks like Jake, and I agree. They definitely have different eyes in color and in shape, but other than that, they are pretty identical.
Walker has such a cute little personality already; he loves giving out smiles and is just always so happy and content. Walker is definitely a mama's boy, but I'm pretty sure he loves his big brother the most. No matter what's going on, Walker is fine as long as Jake is in his sight. He just smiles and laughs at anything Jake does...so cute!
So, this is kind of off the subject, but I had to post this picture of Jake's first "homework." Actually, it turned in to my homework, but that's ok. Anyways, I thought it was kind of cute all things considering (ie me being the least creative person ever!). I'm pretty sure I won the award for "cheerleader with the worst signs ever." :) Oh, and don't you love how Jake's favorite pet is his "lil' brother." Ha!



No comments:
Post a Comment