Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Zoo

"Want a goldfish?"


"These giraffes are so boring, Mom!"

Waving to the Giraffes

Feeding the Swans




"COME BACK!!"

Jake harassing the peacock and the squirrel


Jake's new BFF, the Asian Rattlesnake

For some reason, every animal was asleep while we were there!

Giving the snake "five."


"Can I peez ride on the carousel?"



Jake and I had an impromptu visit to the Zoo today; this was the first time in a long time that we have gone by ourselves, and it was really nice. You see, Jake loves "nakes" (snakes), and it's kinda hard when we are with other people to spend so much time in the Reptile Section. Anyways, he made good friends with an Asian Rattlesnake (I think) as you can see in the pictures above; I was really surprised at the snake, he followed Jake's every move and looked like he wanted to be petted so badly...yeah right! We also spent a lot of time with the peacock who roams freely around the Zoo. Jake insisted on feeding the peacock (and almost every other "aminal" at the Zoo) his goldfish; the peacock was in Heaven! That darn thing followed us around for about 10 minutes. Finally, I let my little monkey out of his cage (the stroller), and he scared the peacock off in about 0.2 seconds! Too funny!

We also rode the carousel for the first time today. Jake hasn't been a fan of carousels in the past, but we were the only ones riding at the time so the guy made sure Jake had a good time. You can't tell from the lack of smiles in the pictures above, but Jake had so much fun and said "wee!!" about 100 times! Fun times at the Zoo!

2 comments:

pcb said...

So glad to see that boy bouncing back! I know you both were loving getting out of the house.

Anthony and Katie Green said...

He is sooo cute!