Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Yay!






It's over! Jake is feeling sooo much better and his appetite is slowly returning...yay! Can you believe he lost 2 lbs last week as a result of this swine flu? Poor little fellow! All in all, we escaped this thing pretty luckily. Ironically, I took care of this little 11 year old girl this weekend who was diagnosed with the flu (most likely swine flu) the same day as Jake; in talking with her mom, she wasn't nearly as sick with the flu as Jake, but she ended up developing encephalitis as a result of the flu. I felt awful for them. Like I've said all week long, we are so blessed.


Speaking of being blessed, I am also so blessed to have such a wonderful mom. As you can probably tell from my posts, last week was very difficult for me. Not only was my baby sick and needed me more than ever, but I felt pretty crummy. And then add to it all the normal household things a "single mom" (thanks to football season) has to do...I was overwhelmed to say the least. Don't get me wrong, Tyson did the best he could (he even got up with Jake several times at night while he himself was so sleep deprived), but last week was too crucial of a time for Tyson to miss work. Anyways, mom took care of both Jake and me and helped me so much, and she even stuck around to keep Jake so I could work Saturday and Sunday night. The lady is a saint. Thanks, Mom. I don't know how we would have survived without you.

2 comments:

Kellen Family said...

So glad to hear that you all are feeling better! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that!

Candace said...

Beth, I am so glad Jake is feeling better. It's so awful when your children are sick. Sometimes you just feel so helpless. I'm really sorry you had to go through that.