Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 3, 2009

"Go Dawgs" AND "UAB"


To prepare for football season, I've been trying to teach Jake to say "U-A-B!" It's kind of difficult for him to say, but he gets the "B" part of it right most of the time...now we just got to get the rest of it together! Today, we took it to a whole new level...Jake was digging through my stuff and found a book that I bought my nephew, Jace, called "University of Georgia 101." It shows kids things about the school -mascot, campus landmarks, the different sports, songs and cheers, etc.; it's such a cute little book! Well, Jake flips it immediately to "UGA" the dawg and says "woof woof;" I quickly responded, "No, UGA says, 'Go Dawgs!'" Jake thought it was hilarious and couldn't say it enough. No joke, he ran through the house saying "Go Dawgs" (or something very close to that) for like 20 minutes. Of course when I finally remembered to pull out the camera, he was over it. Oh well, if you listen very closely on the video he says his version of "Go Dawgs" AND "U-A-B" after some coercion from me, of course.

Oh, and let me point out that even though I went to UGA and several of my family members have as well, UAB is number 1 in my heart. "Gotta love the one you're with" as Tyson puts it. But we do wish the Dawgs well! Go Blazers!

No comments: