Well, we are surviving the swine flu thus far. Tuesday (the day of the diagnosis) wasn't bad at all except for the fever, but Wednesday was just plain awful. Jake's fever wouldn't break at all Wednesday even despite getting Tylenol and Motrin around the clock; he was miserable, wouldn't eat, couldn't drink, and had to be held the whole day. He spent most of the day in my lap watching Barney with his thumb in his mouth and drool rolling down his elbow straight onto my shirt. If he attempted to swallow, he screamed out in pain and cried for a good 5 minutes; it was pitiful. And the poor thing couldn't sleep either; he literally woke up every hour screaming in pain. Today has been a little better, though. His fever is starting to slack off and he's a little more playful, but he is still refusing to eat and drink. Somehow he's staying hydrated, though...thank goodness for that! I hope tomorrow is the day he makes a turn around...poor baby is starting to look so frail!
I am exhausted. I don't know if I'm just plain rundown or if I'm actually getting this stuff, but I'm just not feeling right. Luckily my mom knew how bad I was feeling and hopped in the car this morning to come take care of me and Jake. She was already planning on coming up for the weekend to keep Jake so I could work, and she decided to come a little early...thank you Lord! I don't know what I would have done without her today.
Like I said, we are surviving. This has been tough, but I know it could be a lot worse. We are so blessed! Anyways, Jake is supposed to be quarantined for 7 days, so please keep us in your prayers...it's gonna be a long 4 days!



No comments:
Post a Comment