I know I already posted this picture, but I love it! This picture is a good representation of where Jake is at 9 months...trying to stand up by himself! I wish I had more pictures, but wild man speed crawls up to my camera whenever I pull it out, so I am having a hard time getting decent shots of him.
- Like I said, he speed crawls! I've never seen a child do this (other than at field day in elementary school)...he does the crab crawl but he practically runs while doing it! It has definitely made things interesting around here!! He also loves to play a game of hide and seek behind doors and furniture and then pop out for some peekaboo!! It is too cute! Like I said at the beginning, he is working on standing by himself. He doesn't lean over and stand up with his hands; he does this weird thing where he just stands up from sitting position. I have no idea how he does it, but whatever...it works! He can usually stand for a while as long as you don't point out that he is standing, but as soon as you make a big deal about it, he sits down.
- Jake isn't much of a talker. He will say "bye-bye", "ma-ma", and "da-da", but other than that, he is usually very quiet most of the time. In fact, he is very shy in public. When he sees new people and they address him, he gives a sweet little smile but then leans his head on my shoulder. He must get this from his daddy because I have NEVER been described as shy!
- Jake is ALL boy; he runs around and plays so hard! He cannot sit still for anything (he also gets this from his daddy)!
- Jake is starting to learn what some objects are. For instance, when you say "go get your ball", he goes to his ball (which he LOVES balls...he always has one in his hand...even when he crawls!). He also knows our neighbors' dog, Riley; when you say "where is Riley?", he crawls to the back door and looks out for Riley. Anyways, you get my point. It's just so fascinating for me to see his little mind working! He really is growing up fast! Happy 9 month birthday, Jake!



No comments:
Post a Comment