Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 10, 2008

9 Month Stats

Jake had his 9 month checkup yesterday, and everything went well. He weighed 21 lbs 8 oz (70%) and was 29.5 inches long (85%). Long and lean...definitely not like his mama or his daddy, but we'll take it.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this on here before, but Jake has had a hernia a couple of inches above his belly button since birth. At first, Dr. Dudgeon thought it was a particular kind of hernia specific to newborns; once their "6 pack" develops, the hernia would go away. Well, Jake's hasn't gone away. It turns out that he has an epigastric hernia, which might require surgery due to the risk of bowel strangulation. Our wonderful nurse Jessica is supposed to set us up on appointment to see one of the surgeons here at UAB, so I will let y'all know what we find out. No need to freak out just yet, though, so I am trying not to.
Sorry there aren't any pictures for this post, but I promise to have a ton after the weekend! Have a safe and happy weekend!

No comments: