Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

3rd Day of School

He is really cheesin' it up in this picture!
Okay...back to the normal face.
"Enough with the pictures...I'm ready to go to school!"
"Didn't I say 'enough with the pictures' already? Jeez mom!"

At the beginning of October, Jake started going to a local church one day a week for "school." It is actually a "Mother's Morning Out" program, but I would like to think of it as a good learning opportunity for Jake. When Tyson and I were originally discussing this, we both agreed it would be good for him to be around other little boys his age...turns out, though, his class is full of almost ALL girls! Oh well, at least he'll get a cute little girlfriend (or two) out of this experience. So far, he's done very well. His teachers brag about how sweet he is and how much of a pig he is! I knew he was sweet, but I have never thought of my child as a pig...he is WAY to busy of a body to sit and eat! I did come pick him up a little early today and got to witness him being fed, and it was the cutest thing ever!! His teacher was cleaning up something and Jake just sat patiently in the high chair playing with a toy. He then preceded to gently pick up his sippy cup, take a sip, and then gently placed it back on the tray. If we would have been home, he would have been hurling the sippy cup at me and screaming to get down! At least I know my child is a little more well-behaved in public than he is at home! I'm proud of him, and as hard as this has been for me, I think we will both enjoy this experience.


I couldn't resist taking a picture of this cute little bottom!

**Yes, I was a bad mom and didn't take the actual "first day of school" pictures...the first day, it was raining and the second day, my mom took him because I was working. And no, he didn't wear shoes because they take them off him anyway.

No comments: