Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!


Easter morning with all of Jake's goodies

Is it time to hunt eggs yet, Mommy?

Want this?

Jake's bestest friend and cousin, Spenser "cheeks" Ellis

Spenser to Jake, "Can you teach me how to lay one of these eggs, man?"

Jake and I spent Easter weekend at my parents' house in Thomaston. Tyson had Spring Practice this weekend and I had to work in Atlanta Friday night (which was my last shift!), so mom and dad kept Jake for me Friday and Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon, my mom's family all came over and we had our annual Easter Egg hunt. We all had so much fun!! Amy carried Jake while I loaded eggs in his basket; it ended up being a bigger hastle than it was worth, so after 3 eggs we gave up and let the other kids enjoy it. Jake was more interested in his bottle anyway, but next year will be lots more fun. And hopefully next year Jake will be able to put up a fight against his older cousins. They didn't mean any harm, but Jake got crawled over by Spenser multiple times (luckily the big cheeks didn't crush Jake) and got knocked upside the head with a bat from Carson. I know, it sounds really bad but they didn't mean it. Besides, I am learning how rough little boys are and that I just need to roll with the punches. I am just lucky that I am a pediatric nurse and that I don't freak out over the tiniest things; I have a feeling I am in for lots of scares in Jake's lifetime. Next year, though, Jake is coming for you, Spenser and Carson...just watch out! Just kidding! Y'all can tell by all the pictures how much Tyson, Jake, and I love our cousins and the rest of the family. We can't wait to do it next year! Happy Easter! By the way, the Easter Bunny surprised Jake when we got back to Birmingham with several outfits, another Baby Einstein DVD, a bathing suit with a matching hat and sunglasses, 2 pairs of shoes, and a stuffed duck. Thanks Easter Bunny!

No comments: