Jake had a baseball game this past Friday night, and he got the game ball!! We ended up losing the game, but it was a close one thanks to Jake's home run that hit two other runs in.
Jake had a field trip this past Friday to Legoland, so I just knew he'd be zapped for the baseball game. This was his best game, though! His first at bat, he made a great hit to short stop, but it got the runner out at second for the third out. The next time he got up to bat, he nailed it right field. It took the right fielder a little while to get the ball. Meanwhile, speedy Jake was rounding third and I was yelling "GO...GO....GO!" At the same time, Jake's third base coach was yelling "hold up, Jake!" Guess who Jake listened to?...Mama, of course. I was just so excited that I didn't realize it would be a close one. Sure enough, Jake is running home and the second baseman throws it home; Jake slid and was SAFE! Oh my gosh, he was pumped!! The coach, on the other hand, wasn't very happy with mama for sending him home. Hahaha. Oh well. I'm so glad Jake is out of his batting slump! Whew! That child is competitive!
Jake's field trip to Legoland.




No comments:
Post a Comment