Even though they have fake smiles here, the boys begged me to take their pictures before the Fun Run. They were thrilled to be able to wear long sleeves and long pants, FINALLY! It was a chilly 73 degrees here in Florida this morning. Ha!
Sweet baby digging his new hat.
I can't tell you how many kids kept falling, Jake included. This kid's crash didn't slow Jake down for one second!
Poor kid, he runs like his mama- severely bow legged and pigeon-toed. Bless his heart.
One of Jake's crashes. I think he thought he was playing football and tackled a few kids.
Showing me that he completed his laps.
**These pics are so out of order. Sorry!
High-fiving his brother.
Notice how Jake is slightly embarrassed having to give Walker five.
Showing off his laps to his friends.
Walker was "FWEEZING!!"
This little blond beside Jake is his "girlfriend," Sophie.
Jake telling Daniel to eat his dust!
Jake's school had their Boosterthon Fun Run this morning. First of all, I got there right as they are starting, and I see Jake running around in the opposite direction of everyone else thinking he is playing a game of tag (and knocking kids down) instead of walking in a circle. I was mortified! He got in trouble by the same teacher twice before he realized what he was supposed to be doing. He better be glad he was at school and that we were in front of people because I wanted nothing more than to snatch him up and sit him out! Ha! Anyways, he quickly realized that his friends were running and taking this thing seriously, so the race began.
Let me back up by saying that I feel like such a rookie mom at this whole Kindergarten/public school thing; sometimes, I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing! You see, the grandparents and I pledged Jake $1 per lap, and they said that most kids usually do about 30-35 laps. Well, I swear they base that pledge on the sweet little girls that walk the lap holding hands with their friends. My child must have run at least 50 laps! I was starting to sweat for a while about all the money the grandparents and I were about to have to cough up! Ha! One of my friends eventually told me that $35 is the maximum they make you pay, and most parents usually never pledge that much ($1). Good to know...now.
Anyways, the Fun Run was a lot of fun...after Jake figured out what he was supposed to be doing. Sigh. He might not mind very well or pay attention, but at least the kid can run. That'll get you further in life, right? ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment