Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The First Day at Home











Well, we survived the first 24 hours at home with 2. I have to admit, it has been pretty overwhelming at times, but my mom is here and has been a huge help (especially with Jake), so that has made all the difference in the world. Also, Jake has been AWESOME about everything.


From the second we walked in the world, Jake couldn't get enough of his "baby brother." Now, Jake has had a nasty cold, so we've been trying to keep the boys seperated...that has been a challenge in itself. Jake keeps asking to hold baby brother and wants to help with diaper changes, putting the pacifier in his mouth, and anything else he sees me do. Jake also likes to keep me informed on his brother's doings- "baby walker is crying"..."baby walker going nite nite"..."baby walker tee tee'd!" :) I am so proud of Jake; it is going better than I could have ever expected. (Knock on wood!) I think it has really helped having my mom here to show Jake so much attention, so I'm sure the real test will be after she leaves...which I hope is never! :)


Walker has done okay since being home; unlike Jake, Walker prefers eating to sleeping, so that has been an adjustment. He was up at 10 p.m., 11:45 p.m., and then again at 1 a.m. wanting to eat...my awesome hubby (who went back to work today this morning around 4:45 am), got up and helped me at 1. Tyson obviously had the touch because Walker then spaced it to 4 a.m. and 7:15 a.m.- at which point I had to wake him up to eat. It's just so different from Jake whom I had to set an alarm clock to wake up every 3 hours to eat; I guess I should have known not to expect them to be exactly alike, but we definitely got spoiled (in the sleep department) with Jake. Now my Walker is an eater, though, which Jake definitely wasn't. (I promise to quit comparing the two boys- I just can't believe how two brothers can be so different!) Walker is a breastfeeding pro and will also take a bottle like a champ; he has already started gaining back weight to get to his birth weight- today he was 8 lbs 10.5 oz.


Mom and I took Walker to the pediatrician today for a bilirubin check, too. It was 9.3 yesterday but it has already started coming down- today it was 9.2. No more bilirubin checks for us! We go back to the pediatrician in 2 weeks for a check up. He said everything looks great for now, though!


Baby Walker is calling for me! Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: