Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

1 Week Old


Yesterday, our sweet Walker turned 1 week old. Like I said before, it's been overwhelming at times, but for the most part, it has been a good week. Just an adjustment for sure!


Walker is a sweet baby; he only really cries when he's wet. I hope that gets a little better once his circumcision heals because we have probably changed 20-30 something diapers a day!


For the better part of the week, Walker was pretty difficult to put down. I think this was the most difficult part for me because I couldn't get anything done because he had to be held constantly. I finally had an epiphany and tried the bouncy seat, and it worked like a charm...thank goodness!


Walker is a great breast-feeder; however, he is now refusing to take a bottle. This is really stressing me out because I start back to work in 5 weeks, and I don't know what we are gonna do if we haven't figured something out by then. Any suggestions are welcomed!


Walker is a good sleeper; we haven't had a problem with him having his days and nights confused- thank goodness! He usually wakes to eat every 2-3 hours at night and does about the same during the day.


Things are going well for the most part...we're just trying to get used to our new life. Thank goodness Jake has been wonderful; he has become a little more defiant to me as the week has progressed, but I can't complain if that's the worst thing that happens. He has been completely awesome towards his brother, though; he wakes up asking for him and has to be where ever his baby brother is. Jake also loves to hug and kiss his baby brother and put a pacifier in his mouth. I love watching my two boys together...absolutely precious!

2 comments:

pcb said...

Beth, he is so adorable. Glad things are going well, esp for Jake. :)

Jill Mc said...

awww... i want to hold him. i'm so glad to hear things are going well. how is mommy??