Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

2 Weeks Old



TOUCHDOWN!

Don't know how we would have survived this week without the train table!


Today, Walker turns 2 weeks old. Where has the time gone? This week has been so much better for all of us; I think we are gettin' a hang of it...kinda. My mom left on Wednesday, so I've had both boys since then during the day, and we've all survived. Jake is definitely getting a little bored, but he is still doing very well and is being super sweet to his brother. Walker is doing well, too, and sleeping so much better. Tyson and I are so blessed to have had such good babies! Here are some bullets about what's going on:
  • Walker has been going down around 9 pm and only wakes twice at night to eat. I should be waking him up to eat (at least until he gets back to his birth weight), but I'm putting my faith in God that he is getting enough and gaining weight appropriately. That four and five hour span at night of straight sleep are pretty sweet for a 2 week old! :)

  • Walker has a colicky period from about 7pm-10pm every night, but other than that he is pretty easy going.

  • He really isn't into the pacifier, but it gets shoved into his mouth at least 20 times a day anyways by his big brother. :) Tyson and I were pretty adamant about Jake not having a pacifier, and we got a thumb sucker out of the deal, so...we are kind of hoping the pacifier works with Walker.

  • Another thing we NEVER did with Jake...Walker sleeps in the bed with us. Bad, I know, but soooo convenient. I only have about an hour and a half to nap while Jake naps during the day, so sleep at night is super important. I'll take it how I can get it!

  • Walker seems to be pretty long- his little feet are already crowded in his 0-3 month outfits. For being such a big baby, he really doesn't look that big, and he is no where near filling out his 0-3 month clothes...other than getting too long for them.

  • Walker loves to be held! He will sit in the bouncy for a little while, though...thank goodness!

  • Walker should have been named Tyson, Jr. because he looks just like Tyson! There is no part of Walker (other than his blood type) that is me so far. I'm still hoping his eyes end up being green, but they have already gotten so much darker since being home from the hospital. I'm sure they'll end up brown just like Jake and Tyson's (and my mom, my sister, Tyson's mom, and Tyson's dad).

No comments: