Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Family of Four


First picture as a family of four...
Jake looks thrilled, right?

Jake and Walker and "the stare down"

Thank goodness for the grandmas!

Even "Da" helped entertain Jake


Tyson and I are very thankful to have both grandmothers here helping us with Jake while we are in the hospital; I don't know what we'd do without them. Thanks Pa Pa and G Mama!

Anyways, the grandmas (and "Da" gets credit, too) brought Jake to the hospital today to see us and to meet his baby brother. I knew I'd be feeling and looking pretty rough after my c-section, so I wanted to wait a little while until Jake came to the hospital to see us. Well, Tyson and I were missing our little boy badly, so we got our moms to bring him to the hospital today to see us.


I was really worried about how Jake would respond, but he did pretty good. Don't get me wrong, I've been trying to prepare him for his "baby brother's" arrival, but it's kinda hard to gauge what a 27 month old actually understands. Anyways, as soon as he walked through the door (and washed his dirty little hands, of course), he took one look at Walker and said "baby brother!" It was sooooo cute! I wasn't really expecting him to gush all over him (he is a little boy and all) but I didn't think he'd be jealous either; just as I thought, he was just kind of mellow about the whole thing and just checked Walker out pretty hard. I think more than anything, Jake was just really excited to have all of his favorite people in one room and felt the need to show-out. :) And show-out he did! He was being so loud and silly, I'm surprised he didn't get kicked out of the hospital.


I can't wait to get home to our family of four. Then again, I'm sure just as soon as we get home, I'm gonna be begging to go back to the hospital. :)

3 comments:

Jill Mc said...

He's beautiful! What a sweet family! I cannot wait to see Walker in person. I'm glad everything went well. CONGRATS!!!

Megan said...

CONGRATS Beth!!! You guys make a BEAUTIFUL family of four!!! Hope you are feeling good and healing fast!! ENJOY your new little man!!!

Kellen Family said...

You have such a beautiful family, Beth! Congratulations on your newest addition - Walker is beautiful! I can't wait to meet him. I've been waiting to call, because I know you must be busy, tired, and spending time with your Mom. I'll call soon and bring dinner to y'all :)