Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Seriously?

Is he seriously flirting with the camera?
Did he seriously just lay that balloon?

What a day! Tyson, Jake, and I had big plans to go to the SEC baseball tournament today, but low and behold, Jake is sick again. Poor baby has had a runny nose for about a week; he is getting four teeth (no joke!) right now, so I just chalked it up to the teeth. I should have known! He woke up this morning wheezing, so I immediately took him in to see the pediatrician. Double ear infections!! Considering Jake NEVER had an ear infection his first 12 months, the poor baby has now had 4 in a 5 month span!! Dr. Dudgeon said we are "flirting" with having to get tubes; one more strike and he is sending us to an ENT. I was in shock...Jake hardly ever presents with classical ear infection symptoms, so I just never know. He usually wheezes, but today, the wheezing was different than it had been before. Dr. Dudgeon seems to think we might be flirting with asthma, too, so we shall see. We got an inhaler and will give it a whirl if he flares up again. Like I said, we shall see. Tyson and I aren't too worried about either at this point.



My other "seriously?" point is this: our friends on UAB's coaching staff just had twin babies today. Y'all aren't gonna believe how big they were....Baby A was 6 lbs 14 oz and 21 in long and Baby B was 7 lbs 8 oz and 20 in long! Isn't that wild? That's a whole lotta baby! I'm so excited for them and so proud of Mama!



My last "seriously?" point: I don't talk about work on here too much, but something really cool happened (not for the patient but for me) the other night. I had to give a patient anti-venom! The patient was bitten by a water moccasin and had to get several vials of Crofab. This might not seem like a big deal, but this isn't an every day occurence for a floor nurse (it usually is given in the ER or in an ICU)...one of the nurses on my floor said she had only given it once in her 18 years. Cool huh? Oh, and the kid was fine by the way.

4 comments:

Tamila said...

That is sooo cool!!

The Summers said...

Thanks, Tamila. I had a feeling only my nurses would appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

COOL!!! Poor kid, though!

Christy

The Hudgins said...

we have asthma over here....no fun. i think jax has it too...but we're not so sure. we give them both neb. treatments just about all winter. hope jake doesnt have that.
and i cannot believe that about the twins. that's a ton of baby!!!