His first "tackle"...and it was a girl! Hahaha! But at least he forced the fumble.
I love Ryan's death stare here. Ha!
Jake kept referring to this kid as "the big kid."
Jake was so proud that he took the flags from "the big kid."
Can you tell?
I love his intensity.
You can't get the flags every time. ;)
Sean and Walker. Such a mess these two.
It's a dog pile...
...and Jake comes up with the flags.
Stealing the flags off of our friend, Colton.
Gettin' the game plan from Coach Dave.
Jake Summers, Center?
Jake (#2) misses the flags here, but you gotta give the kid some credit for effort.
Yesterday was Jake's first flag football game. I'll be honest, I was worried all week long that he'd be ejected from this game for tackling. It's not that we practice tackling at home or anything, Tyson said it just comes natural for Jake. Hahaha! I'm not sure about that, but it seems like even when he goes to pull a flag, he always ends up bringing the kid down anyways. He's just rough like that. But y'all, this kid is REALLY good on defense. He didn't get a chance to run the ball at this game because the ref called the game early (it was REALLY cold for these Florida kids), but I have a feeling he'll be good at that, too. I might be a little biased, though. ;) And so begins Jake's football career. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment