About to head out to the game!
Zoe :)
My parents insisted on getting a picture in front of a cactus. Ha!
Coaches' wives!
University of Phoenix Stadium
For the first half, this is all the boys did. They are spoiled rotten.
Tyson coaching the defense
As the game was wrapping up...
...they got Tyson with the Gatorade bath.
You can't really tell it here, but he was pink. Ha!
Love me some Brandon Alexander (#37)
The kids weren't allowed on the field until the opposing team was in the locker room, so my dad waited with them to bring them out. They were so cute and so excited to see their daddy.
This is right when they saw their daddy. Love this.
Mario Mathis #32.
Walker's first time not being afraid of Knightro!
These are two of my other favorites- Troy Gray and Terrance Plummer. God I love these kids.
TP and Blake Bortles, defensive and offensive MVPs
I hate that it took me so long to get this post up because now I can't remember what I wanted to say. Hahaha! Let me start by saying this, my husband did a fabulous job as a fill-in defensive coordinator for this game. Our DC, Jim Fleming, left to go be the head coach at Rhode Island the week before Christmas, and Tyson stepped up and took over the defense. Can you imagine your first gig as a DC and you're playing the #1 offense in the country (that runs a play like every 7 or 8 seconds) in your school's first ever BCS game on national TV? He rocked it. He really did, and I couldn't have been more proud. Y'all should have seen me as we were going down on the field, I was jumping up and down screaming like a little girl (I still get chills thinking about it). I hope I never forget it. It was definitely one of the best moments of my life. And then to see him get the Gatorade bath...just awesome.
The boys were the most excited I've ever seen them be. I was afraid they wouldn't understand the magnitude of this game, but I think they could tell it was pretty dang important from all my hooting and hollering and jumping up and down. Hahaha! I just wish Anderson could've been there just so I could say he was there for his first BCS game...but just so I could say it. Hahaha! The game was definitely a lot less stressful not having to worry about him, but I just hate he missed it. Oh well.
I have a few more pictures that our Rivals photographer sent me, so I'll post those next. Oh, and let me clarify, Tyson was just the defensive coordinator for this game. Coach O'Leary had already named a DC before we left for the bowl, but the new DC just kind of observed for the bowl and let Tyson take the reigns. Tyson will continue to coach the linebackers as of now, but I think he definitely showed the world that he could handle being the DC on any level when the time is right. Or maybe that is just my biased opinion. ;) Have I mentioned how proud I am of my husband?



No comments:
Post a Comment