Tyson and I
Gin, Grant, Molly, me, and Tyson
I posted this on facebook today, but I wanted to post it on here, too, just in case something every happens to the original copies of these pictures.
Yes, Tyson was my date to the 7th grade ball. It was 1993 and we went to Matt Wilson Middle School in Tifton, Georgia. I wish I could say I had the best time at the ball and that this was the beginning of our love story, but it was quite the opposite. You see, I had a little dress mishap that ended up in me wearing this doily of a dress. I had originally planned on wearing this hot little blue number that was my older sister's, however, in a pre-boys arriving excitement, I jumped up off the toilet, did a little spread eagle number, and ripped the dress right up the back. I was devastated. I cried my eyes out in the bathroom for a good 30 minutes...and this floral number was the best thing my mom could come up with in the meantime. My night was ruined after that. I spent most of my night crying in the bathroom at the dance surrounded by my good girl friends; from what I hear, I ruined everyone else's night, too. And this was the beginning of the end of mine and Tyson's friendship. After this dance (for several reasons in addition to my hormonal response to the dress), we literally despised each other until we reunited in 2005. I hate that this night and our friendship turned out the way it did, but then again, if it had not, who knows where we'd be today. I guess I need to be thanking God for ripping that little blue dress. ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment