Being monitored...the fan is my personal sidekick these days.
About to head down to the OR.
He's here!
Family pic!
My mom and A
Carol and A
Brothers!
Walker is thrilled to be a big brother!!
Mama's boys!
My parents and A
Mary Ann and A
I kind of had a plan in my mind of who all I would need to call if I went into labor, so I just immediately started down that list. I called my mom, who was already in Daytona in route to Orlando, first and told her to get to the hospital ASAP. Next, I called our defensive coach's wife, Leslie, who was going to keep the kids for me. Jake was still at school, but Walker was out for the day, so I sent him to my friend Angie's house until Leslie could get there. And then I called my friend Carol to come pick me up and take me to the hospital, which is a good 30 minutes from my house. And finally, I called Kristy, Tyson's contact for when he was at practice and I went into labor. I calmly explained to Kristy the situation and that I was headed to the hospital but knew Tyson was at practice, so just let him know the deal at the end of practice. Sure enough, as soon as Kristy told Tyson, he talked to Coach O'Leary about it and hit the road.
Once we got to the hospital, my blood pressures were all over the place, however, my labs all came back normal. The doctor was kind of on the fence about what to do, so she decided to keep me there for a few more hours and monitor my blood pressures. She also asked for me to be on the fetal monitor, and once they put me on the monitor, they realized I was contracting every 2-3 minutes. Yes, I was contracting that much and didn't even know it!!! The nurse checked me and my cervix was posterior and closed, so again, they couldn't decide what to do. I'm telling y'all, it was a roller coaster of a day- "your blood pressure is high, but your body isn't affected by it...you're contracting every 2 minutes, but your cervix isn't affected by it...you're 38+ weeks, but." Anyways, I was a mess- I was hurting, stressed out, and worried that if we didn't deliver then, Tyson would possibly miss the delivery. And then the doctor appeared out of no where and said, "you feel like having a baby today?" Aww!! I immediately started crying. :)
After the doctor confirmed the C-section, everything just started happening so quickly. Before we knew it, we were back in the OR and baby boy was on his way! I'll spare y'all the details, but the C-section ended up being way more complicated than expected for several reasons. And Anderson either got stuck or was in such a weird position that they had a hard time getting him out. They ended up having to use a vacuum, and now poor guy has some bruising on his head from it. :( He also had a little bit of a hard time breathing when he came out; they worked on him for a bit and he ended up being fine...it was still scary for nurse mom. But then I started having complications, so it ended up being a very long and painful night.
Anderson was born at 7:01 pm weighing 9 lbs 1 oz and 20.5 inches long. He is an absolute doll baby and we are already so in love with him. It's hard to tell who he looks like, but I think he is a really good combination of Jake and Walker but favoring Tyson and Jake more than anything. He is also spoiled rotten already- he doesn't like to lay in his bassinet and insists on being held by me or Tyson. :) Which by the way, Tyson had to leave for Miami this morning. I know he is missing his new baby boy but we are thanking our lucky stars that he got to be there for delivery. I don't know how I would've survived last night without him.
Oh, and the boys got to meet their baby brother today, and they are in love with their brother. I'm not just saying that either. They both just ooh'd and aww'd over him and kept begging to hold him and feed him. I am one happy and blessed mama!



1 comment:
Sounds like a roller coaster of a day; glad all turned out well. Really glad it worked out for Tyson to be there without a problem. Anderson does look like a good mix but in one of those pictures he is all Tyson.
Hey, ask Mary Ann about Tyson's head when he was born...it was the off-center cone head. Surely Anderson can't beat that!
So glad you had a plan and it worked; also glad you have help with Tyson leaving for the game.
Anderson is precious; can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment