Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Jake's Art Show

 





 Jake and DJ, who is Daniel's older brother.  Jake and Daniel are acting like good buddies here, but they almost always end up in a fist fight whenever they're together.  Ha!
 Walker drawing what his favorite exhibit of the art show was- the bubbles. :)
 Jake and his posse- (L to R) Carter, Daniel, Nicholas, Nicholas' big brother, Jake, and Walker
 Daddy!!


This was from Jake's "Tea with the Queen"
 
Last week, Jake's Preschool had an art show to display some of the kids' recent art.  I cannot even begin to explain how excited Jake was about this art show; it is all he's talked about for weeks (well that and his preschool graduation). 
 
The day of the art show was a little hectic.  Of course, the boys had school that day, but then we had to go to karate and rush home and get ready for the art show and leave.  I was just planning to leave Jake in his karate uniform because I didn't have enough time to bathe the boys, but Jake got super sweaty at karate and informed me that "[he] wanted to smell nice for his art show."   Bahaha!  He's usually such a boy and doesn't care about how he smells or looks, but he even asked me to put him in his "church clothes."  I knew he meant business then!
 
Jake was super proud to show us all of his art work, to introduce us to his new friends, and to show us his classroom.  He had informed me earlier that the kids would be singing "You're A Grand Old Flag" (which is actually what they're learning for graduation) on a stage in their classroom, and when I mentioned that to the teachers, one teacher said, "I could see Jake saying that."  I can only imagine what she meant, but it definitely made me laugh.  I guess our boy has quite the imagination. ;)   
 
**Oh, and if you notice, some of Jake's art work is by "Jacob Summers," which Jake cannot stand being called.  He even told Tyson, "it says 'Jacob,' but that's not my real name." Hahaha!

No comments: