Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

3 Year Check-up and 18 Weeks!


 
Walker had his 3 year check-up last week and he weighs 31.5 lbs (36%) and is 38.3 inches tall (75%).  Yep, tall and skinny...like no one in our family ever.  Ha!  He's even earned the nickname, "chicken legs."  For comparison, Jake was 38.5 lbs and 38.5 inches at 3 years, so they are very close in height but definitely a little off in weight.  The doctor said not to worry about his weight dropping in percentile right now because he is gaining weight, and 3 is not exactly the age to rationalize with him about eating. ;)  This boy is the pickiest eater ever...that and he takes FOREVER to eat his food.  Oh well, we'll pick our battles and food is not it as long as he is gaining weight.
 
Otherwise, all is well with Walker.  We saw the allergist last week and he is going to wait until Walker is a little older to do more testing, but he agreed that Walker does probably have a dog allergy. :(  And when I say an allergy, I don't mean he starts sneezing in the presence of dogs, the child's eyes and lips swell up!  Now, he doesn't do that with all dogs (like my parents chihuahua and other short-haired dogs), but long-haired dogs definitely set him off.  The allergist said that the long and short haired thing doesn't matter, but whatever...mom knows best. ;)  Walker's peanut allergy was the other topic of conversation; when I was at the beach with my parents in the fall, Walker had an ice cream topped with sprinkles and had a major allergic reaction.  Come to find out, the sprinkles were next to the peanuts, and that's what set him off.  Now, Walker can't be around peanuts, have any type of tree nuts when away from us, and has to have a peanut-free zone at school.  Ugh.  My little bubble boy.
 


And here I am at 18 weeks.  I had a check-up this past Monday, but the doctor had absolutely nothing to tell me (heart beat, fundal height measurement, or anything else that I normally write on here).  I'm really frustrated with this doctor (for several reasons), so I'm in the process of switching OBs.  I'm thinking that when I switch, the new doctor will probably go back to my original due date of 9/21, which coincidentally a bye week for UCF, but I'll keep y'all posted.  Tyson is really hoping I can make it to the bye week to deliver so that he can be there, but Lord knows I'll probably go into labor the weekend UCF plays at Penn State.  Sigh.

1 comment:

pcb said...

I'm pretty sure Ginger Brodie drove herself to the hospital to have one of her girls. You already know Worth was born while his daddy was coaching the state championship game; guess that's the chance we all took when we married a coach!

Whether he's there or not, you'll do great because you've got what it takes to be a coach's wife (takes one to know one). :)