Mama has a "moo-stache," as Jake calls it. ;)
This is what I looked like yesterday when I got home. Today, I'm much more swollen and bruised- you will definitely not be seeing any pictures of that! Ha!
I'm doing much better than I thought, which is why I am able to blog. I'm still in a great deal of pain, but it is tolerable. I think once you've carried 9 lb babies and had 2 c-sections, you must develop a higher threshold for pain. That, or I'm super tough, or the surgery really wasn't that painful. Ha!
The surgeon said the surgery went well and my cyst was the size of a walnut, which is huge considering the size of that space. Hopefully, I'll start seeing some relief from some of my symptoms now that that thing is gone. My septoplasty went well...that is by far the most painful part, though. I've got these splints in my nose that will be pulled Monday, so I'm kind of a sitting duck until then. Unfortunately, the septoplasty will not alter the appearance of my nose; boo for a would-be free nose job!
My mom is here and is taking good care of the boys and me. Tyson was able to stay with me during surgery but had to go back to work afterwards and then was sent on the road recruiting for most of the weekend and next week. :( Like I said, though, my mom is here and is being a rockstar, as always. I don't know what I'd do without her. The ENT said I had to be off work (aka mom duties) for a week, so I'm enjoying a little mini-vacation from my bed while my mom takes over.
Well, that's all for now. I'm a little loopy as I write this, so please excuse any grammatical errors or just plain nonsense. Thanks for all of your prayers!



No comments:
Post a Comment