Yesterday, I took the boys to Gatorland. We had a good time, but by the end of the day, the boys were like, "oh...another alligator." Ha! It was really cool, though, seeing the Jumperoo show where the men fed the gators right in front of us. There was a Gator Wrestlin' show that I really wanted to see, but we didn't stick around long enough to see it. Turns out, Walker was scared to death of the gators and was getting really cranky towards the end.
The other thing Jake really liked, other than the Jumperoo show, was this zip-line that they had above us. People were literally zip-lining above the alligators...so cool.
My favorite part and my least favorite part (does that make sense?) was the breeding marsh. It was my favorite part because we got to see the alligators in their natural habitat and we were really up-close to them. In fact, all that separated us and the gators was a wooden rail that only went about waist-high, which is why it was also my least favorite part. I was scared to death the WHOLE time; I could just see one of the boys falling in and be eaten by a gator before I could get to them...and then I would be eaten...and then the lone child would jump in after me and be eaten, too. No joke, I was shaking the whole time, which is probably why Walker was scared to death by the end. Ha! It was a very educational moment, though, for Jake, so I wanted him to see it. Thank the Lord, though, that no one fell in and that we all survived. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment