Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 5, 2012

First Time in the Pool!




























It was so hot this past Saturday that we were finally able to get into our pool. I say "we," but I still haven't found my bathing suits from the move yet (how convenient, huh?), so just the boys got it. Tyson said it was still a little chilly, though, but tolerable.



The boys had a blast! Jake immediately tried swimming and wasn't scared at all, like I thought he would be. I kind of figured we'd have to kind of start back over with swim lessons until he got used to it again, but not at all. And Walker was just as I thought he'd be- a wild child. We put the "football pads" on him, and he was good to go. He LOVES the water! I'm so happy for my boys that we have a pool that they can get into everyday.

Sam also enjoyed the pool...psych! While I was taking pictures, I accidentally bumped Sam and he fell into the pool. The water was just low enough and the wall was just high enough that he couldn't get out, so Tyson dove in and saved him. I'm pretty sure he's gonna steer clear of the pool from now on.



Ok...I'm gonna use my bullets again to hit the highlights of the week:


  • Jake started Karate this past week. I've been thinking about signing him up, but we literally stumbled upon lessons. He really likes it so far. Karate seems to be pretty popular around here.

  • We've made new friends! Tyson said I sounded very lonely in my last post, and believe me, I've had my ups and downs since being here and I've REALLY miss my neighbors and my besties, but I'm ok. It has just been extremely difficult to meet people here, and not working has only made it harder for me. I've stepped up my game, though, and I think it's working. :)

  • Sam is doing well and adjusting to our family. Turns out, he was really sick when we got him. I took him to the vet last Monday and we found out he has a skin infection from all the fleas and ticks from the breeders' house, an eye infection, and coccidia and hook worms, which are parasites that can be dangerous for Sam and the boys. Needless to say, Sam quickly went from an inside/outside dog to mostly outside dog.

  • We finally started hanging pictures in our house! Ha!

  • Jake and Walker have gotten to skype Ryan and Kaitlyn twice since we've been here. Love them and miss them soooo much.

  • Walker has started calling Jake "Jacob" this week. Ha! He heard Sensai Matt call Jake "Jacob," so it kind of stuck with Walker. Surprisingly, it doesn't bother Jake...it just sounds really strange since no one else calls Jake "Jacob."

  • Tyson has Spring Break this week but is working hard. :( I'm hoping he gets Friday off so maybe we can try out Disney for the first time.

  • I'm still sweating like crazy. I actually went to the doctor this week, and this is how the conversation went: Doc: So do you have any other problems you want to discuss? Me: Yeah...I'm sweating profusely, as you might notice, and I don't know why. Doc: (Laughing) Hmm...I don't know what to say about that. Me: (sensing the awkwardness) Ok, well thanks for your help! Ha! The last few days haven't been as bad, but something has to give! Any suggestions?

  • So, about my "other problem" the doc was talking about...before I left Birmingham, I found out that I have a large cyst in my right sinus that is causing sinus infections and pink eye (and a few other problems) about every 3 weeks. Miserable!!!! I'm meeting with an ENT next week to discuss surgery. I'll keep you posted.

Other than all that, we're good. We are finally getting into a routine here, and that makes me happy. I still miss Birmingham soooooooo much, though, and think about our friends there constantly, but this is life in the coaching business- and unfortunately, this isn't going to be our only move. This doesn't mean I'm lonely, Tyson; between our 2 children and the dog...there isn't time for loneliness. Ha!

2 comments:

pcb said...

Settling in always takes time; sounds like you are making progress with it. Your boys will be little fish before you know it!

Jill Mc said...

Love the puppy, buttcrack :) and update! I was missing ya'll!