Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Potty Training Necessity


Ok, we are less than 2 weeks into potty training, and I'm not claiming to be an expert at all, but I've already fallen in love with this- a travel potty. I've told several of my friends about it, but no one had ever heard of it, so I thought I'd post it on here.

One of my friends, who is also a germaphobe like me, told me about this travel potty when Jake was baby. I thought it was a brilliant idea, so as soon as I thought about potty training Jake, I purchased one. I think the potty is intended for situations where a potty isn't available, but I have been using it in parking lots and lots of other places instead of having to deal with nasty public restrooms. Crazy, I know. It's also very handy, though, since it isn't always easy taking Jake to the potty with an infant in tote.

What's awesome about this potty is that it comes with these baggy-insert things that hold the pee and poop, so you just tie it up when you get done and toss it! No messy clean up! (Am I starting to sound like a commercial for this thing or what?) My friend also said she used to just use big ziplock bags in it, too, and then she would just zip it up and toss it. A little TMI?

Anyways, Jake is still doing awesome with #1...he hasn't had a single accident at home since he started potty training. (He did have an accident at school, but I think there's a whole lots of reasons for that- distraction, holding it too long, being scared to speak up about it, etc). #2 is a whole different story, though! He hasn't exactly gone in his big boy pants at home, but sometimes I wish he would...is that bad? He is absolutely scared to death to go #2 and will hold it til the last possible second, and even sometimes then we're too late and it ends up on the floor. Gross right? He will tell me he has to go and for almost 2 hours, we're running to the potty every few minutes only for him to chicken out and say "I not try." It is so frustrating for both of us (but I try not to show it)! Does anyone have any advice about this? This has turned into such a huge production that I'm scared to leave the house until after he goes poop, and we're sick of being in this house! HELP!

No comments: