Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

2 Month Checkup and No Accidents!


Walker had his 2 month checkup yesterday and got his first round of shots. Everything looks great so far!


Here are his stats: 12 lbs 1.5 oz (75%) and 24.5 in long (95%). Dr. Dudgeon was shocked at his length (especially since Tyson and I are sort of vertically challenged), but I had a feeling he might be a tad long since he had already outgrown most of his 0-3 month clothes by the 3rd week. :) He can still fit in the 0-3 onesies, though, so that is pretty much all he wears.


In comparison, Jake was 13 lbs 7 oz and 23.5 in long at his 2 month check up. I wonder if Walker might end up being taller and thinner than Jake? I try not to compare them, but it's hard not to in some ways.


Dr. Dudgeon and I had some pretty lengthy discussions about all of Walker's "issues," and I feel a lot better now. First, Walker's ingrown and infected toenails look a lot better but are gonna take some work from me and Tyson; Dr. Dudgeon said he had never seen toes like that on a baby. Ha! Also, we came up with a plan for the blocked tear ducts since it is going to be a chronic issue and has reoccurred so quickly. And lastly, I noticed a few weeks ago that Walker's pupils are different sizes sometimes; my friend Ginger's husband Ryan is an ophthalmology resident at UAB so he checked Walker out and said everything looked okay. After that, I wasn't really worried about it. Well, Dr. Dudgeon gave it a name (which I can't remember for the life of me), but I think it is called anisocoria ...anyways, it is because of his immature neurological system and should go away over time.


That's all for now! Praise the Lord for a healthy baby! Enjoy these pictures from Walker's newborn photo shoot!


Oh, and I have to brag on my oldest baby...Jake is doing great with his potty training! He started school yesterday for summer session, and he didn't have a single accident! In fact, he hasn't had an accident since Monday....knock on wood! Way to go, Jake!

This is the best picture we could get of the two boys; Jake was off the chain that day and wouldn't cooperate for the photos. This picture trips me out because it looks like he has Walker in a head-lock. Poor Walker!

1 comment:

Jill Mc said...

These pictures are so sweet! I cant wait to hold him. I'm still planning to come see you on Sunday, 6/13 if thats ok. I'll planning to leave gadsden by 10 am and head your way. Let me know if that is ok!

Miss ya'll!!