Baby Walker and I had another check-up today, and everything went well! Because of some issues, I'm now going to be seeing the doctor every 2 weeks, so be on the look out for some more frequent baby Walker posts!
One of the issues I'm talking about is that baby Walker is HUGE! I'm 27 weeks and 6 days today, but that little (I mean big) rascal is already measuring 33 weeks!!!! I knew there had to be a reason for me to be feeling so miserable (ie back pain, not sleeping, not being able to breathe, etc) lately! Dr. McKee went ahead and got an ultrasound just to make sure everything was looking ok, and it was! Walker actually doesn't have too big of a head (it only measured 2 weeks ahead), but he is just big all over. Knowing that Jake was such a big baby and that I'm definitely having another c-section, they don't seem to be too concerned about him measuring so big; it sounds like we just have to keep a watch and make sure my fluid levels are ok.
I was so glad I got to see Walker on ultrasound; it seems like so long ago since I had my last ultrasound and got to see my lil' man! He was super cute on the ultrasound...he was yawning and playing with his toes the whole time! His head is up, which I could have told her...he sits right underneath my right rib cage and makes no qualms about head-butting my ribs!
So praise the Lord for another great check-up and a healthy big boy! Oh, and just to answer some questions I've already gotten: 1) How big is he? They didn't give me an estimated weight, but Jake didn't start measuring this far ahead until the end, and he was 9 lbs 8 oz. at birth 2) Does this change my due date? Even though he is measuring ahead, we will still stay with my original due date for lung maturity purposes. 3) You look great...how do you do it? Hahaha just kidding...just had to throw that one in there! 4) What in the world do you do to get such big babies? Well, I attributed a lot of Jake's weight to my high-consumption of Big Mac's, but that isn't the case this time, unfortunately for me and McDonalds! Seriously, Tyson was a big baby (9 lb 2 oz, right Mary Ann?) and has big babies on his side of the family...like 10 and 11 lb babies! I guess with genetics and my higher than normal weight gain (29 lbs total this time so far), that's what happens! Like I said, the doctor isn't too worried; his exact quote was, "it's looks like you're gonna have another big baby!" I'll guess we'll see in about another 11 weeks or so! Just please pray Walker isn't an 11 lb baby...I don't know if my body (and back) could handle that!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!



1 comment:
You look great Beth!! I love the name Walker!!! I will pray that he isn't 10 or 11 lbs!!!!!
Post a Comment