Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 8, 2010

24 Week Appointment

Baby Walker and I had a 24 week check-up today, and everything is looking good so far! My blood pressure and hemoglobin (13.0) are perfect and my weight gain (25 lbs) is alright...I guess. "Normal" pregnancy weight gain is 25-35 lbs, but considering I gained almost 60 lbs with Jake (and lost every pound of it thank goodness), I'm far from the norm. I'm just hoping to keep it under 40 lbs this time, so we'll see what happens! I'm not too worried about that, though, and neither is my doctor; he just told me it was time for some bigger pants. Ha! I should've known my jeans were a little snug when Jake looked at my jeans this morning and said, "tight Mama!" Oh well.

Walker's heartbeat was 138 today, which is the lowest it's been, but he was good and asleep at that time. I'm already measuring 28 weeks along, so the doctor said it's still lookin' like he's gonna be a big one! My OB said we might even get to do a c-section at 38 weeks if all is still going well with Walker's size and so forth; I'm really excited about this because I'm still having some complications and I'm ready for my little boy to be here! I know...I still have a long ways to go. Yuck.

The other big news is that I passed my glucose tolerance test with 119...yay! My doctor thought I was gonna fail it (I guess since my boys are so big), but I passed with flying colors! Such a relief! I'm going back to the OB in 3 weeks, so I'll be sure to update more then. I wish I could post a picture for my 24th week, but I don't think I'd fit on the screen. Ha! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

All the coming's and going's of our busy little family! said...

glad mama and baby are healthy and truckin along! hang in there...